Thursday, December 12, 2019

2.6 Little One


Damaris is nearly late for her own show. Luckily, her fans don't seem to mind her tardiness. 




Later that evening, Dot goes to the library armed with book recommendations from Alistaire (though, sadly, without Alistaire- he's been designing potential tattoos all day and cannot be persuaded to abandon them). 

She nearly bumps into a teenage girl, who looks oddly familiar... 

"Marcie, right?" she says after a moment. 

"Who are you?" the teen asks, guarded. 

"Pancho's older sister. You guys are dating, right?" 



Marcie grins, "That's right. It's nice to meet you! I've been wanting to meet you guys forever." 

Dot nods in commiseration, "Pancho keeps us and his social life pretty separate. I don't think I've met any of his friends." 

"Still, I'm glad we have met. I know how important family is to Pancho, that's a part of why I've wanted to come over." 

Dot raises an eyebrow; she had no idea Pancho valued them so much. "Feel free to come over any time. There's so much we could both learn about him..." 



Though, truth be told, Dot doesn't feel up to hosting anyone right now. She's been tired, her back is sore... 



Just like when she was pregnant with Tatum... 



Ohhhhhh. 



Dot can't immediately process this revelation.  After putting Tatum to bed, she goes to sleep herself. 



After a visit to the doctor a few days later, she feels ready to tell Alistaire. 



"Hey, I was getting worried. I haven't heard from you the past few days," Alistaire says, relieved when he sees Dot. 

"I'm sorry, I was busy... I was going to re-open the daycare but... I just found out it'll have to wait. We're going to be parents!" 



She's relieved herself when Alistaire responds with excitement. 

"Really?"



"Wow... we have a lot to work out, then," he laughs a little uneasily. 





"That's true. But don't worry about the money!" she says quickly, "My mom promised to help me out until I can work again..." 



Alistaire nods. "How about our...living arrangements?" it feels a bit surreal to talk about this, especially since they haven't been dating long. 




"If you wanted, you could move in with us!" seeing his hesitant expression, she adds, "...but no reason to decide anything right now. 

"Sorry, it's a lot to take in." 



"But I am looking forward to everything," he reaches out a hand hesitantly. 

"Go ahead. But I'm not very far along, you won't feel much." 

Alistaire rubs her slightly bulging stomach. She's right, there isn't much to feel...yet. 



"I'm sure we can work something out," he says, trying to project confidence. 

Dot smiles, "Me too. There's still time. Anyways, I shouldn't take up too much of your shift. I'll see you tonight?" 

Alistaire nods, blowing out a shaky breath. "Yeah, we have a lot to talk about..." 



Dot, feeling more relaxed after her talk with Alistaire, comes home in high spirits. 

"Oh, good you're home! I was trying to change Tatum's diaper and...well she squirmed a lot and things got...messy." Pancho pinches his nose. He's washed his hands several times, but he swears he can smell the stench. 

"I'll take care of it. But thanks for trying, kiddo." 



Tatum is growing fast, Dot suddenly notices. She can already walk by herself! 

"How old are you, Tatum?" 

"Ah ooooone....twoooooo," Tatum counts, before tumbling into her mother's arms. 

Dot hugs her, "That's right. Twooooo," she tickles her, causing Tatum to giggle and squirm. 

For now, she's still her mommy's little girl. 


Though not mommy's only little one for long. The time leading up to Dot's labor passes quickly, until the time descends upon the Sykes household suddenly and without warning. 

"Mooooom, I think I need to go to the hospital!" Dot calls out, in the middle of hanging laundry outside to dry. 



Damaris goes outside to help her daughter, but gets smited  struck by lightning for her troubles. Looks like they could both use a trip to the hospital. 





"Plumbob, is mom ok!?" Pancho panics when he has to help load his unconscious mother into the backseat of the car. 

"I don't know," Dot replies grimly. Her contractions are still far apart, but she would like to get to the hospital quickly, if only for the sake of her mother. 

"Shouldn't I drive?" Pancho points out the obvious. 

Dot looks between her brother, their unconscious mother, and her hands gripping the steering-wheel so tightly her knuckles are pale. 

"Fiiiine, but please be careful." Pancho has his license, but hasn't been entrusted with the family car yet. 

"You're the one who wanted to drive while in labour. I hardly call that careful!" 

"Just drive!" 



They make it safely to the hospital. 

"Thank you, Pancho," Dot grits her teeth against the pain of her contraction, "Can you call Alistaire for me?" 

"Yeah, of course! I'm sure he'll be here soon." He squeezes her hand reassuringly, "Even if not...I'm here for you." 

Her eyes water with both pain and gratitude, "Thank you." 



Alistaire comes as soon as he can. 



It's well past midnight when Dot is cleared to go home. Their mother has been cleared as well and is starting the car in the parking lot. 

"Sooo? What'd you name her? Hash-brown? French fry?" Pancho still thinks tater-tot is a great nickname for his niece and badly wants another potato nickname for his second one. 

"Kaira. Her name is Kaira," Dot calls out tiredly behind her. 

"I guess someone with a name like Alistaire would like that name..." 

Dot shoots her younger brother an exhausted glance. "Can we just go home before we freeze?" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: A shorter chapter. Poor Damaris! I have had very few sims actually struck by lightning...and what a moment to be, huh... 

So after noticing Dot trying to drive herself to the hospital, I looked up whether or not women can actually drive when their contractions are far apart. It's (understandably) ill-advised. Good thing sims taxis are free and spawn anywhere your sim needs! 


1 comment:

  1. Lol, poor Damaris, but moments like that are why I love sims.

    ReplyDelete