Tuesday, December 3, 2019

1.6 That One Really Short Chapter


Let's be honest, is anyone actually surprised? 




Sinbad Rotter isn't. 

Damaris bumps into her most sour audience member on the way to the library. 

"Seriously? How come every time I see you, you're either pregnant or making my ears bleed?" 

"How come every time I see you, you're still an asshole?" 



"Aw, don't be like that. It's all apart of the Sinbad charm." 

"Seriously? Do I look like I'm in any condition to flirt?" 

Sinbad rolls his eyes, "Think of it as an act of charity." 



"Yeah- for you. I'm a critically acclaimed singer and you're... what do you do? Janitor? Garbageman?" 

"Pfft, critically acclaimed. You've given one concert." 

"Ah, so you do follow my work?" 



"...No." The hesitation gives Sinbad away. 

"Well, maybe you'd be interested in..." 



"...my snowflake album?" 




"You carry this crap around? Seriously?" 

"If you don't want it, I can take it back." 

Sinbad frowns. "How much is it anyways?" 

"20 simoleons." 

"Highway robbery!" 

"Like I said, I can take it back..." 

Sinbad glowers at her, but stuffs a 20 simoleon bill into her jacket pocket. When his hand emerges from her jacket, she grabs his hand. 

"Give me back my phone or I'll start screaming my head off." 

"Juuuust keeping in practice. Important for...janitors." He gives her back the phone, "It was too cheap for me anyways." 

Damaris watches as he walks to the grocery store, then shivers. He could've easily just taken my phone...and my CD. She starts walking to the curb, Gotta watch myself. 



When she gets back, she immediately invites the Coddle-Prudence family over for a visit. The kids haven't gone out in a while because of the snow. They should have fun! 

Molly agrees! Also because she was going crazy. "Two teens, a kid, and my unborn child all under one roof! It's been chaos. You know what I mean?" 





Damaris's kids, so far, are all pretty well behaved, so she can't say that she does. 

"Tree! Say tree, Aloiso." 

"Bwuh." 

Dot wishes she had a picture book. A photo of a tree would help so much right now, but she's out of phone data. 

"You're...getting there..." she pats Aloiso's head. "How about blocks!" 

"Bwuh!" 

Well that's something. 



Quartz allows Kathy to play with him. She should feel lucky. 

Instead, she seems mildly unimpressed until she sees the pillows...

"Oooh, pillow fight!"






This'll do. 



....or not. 

"You cheated!" he accuses when his pillow falls to the floor. "You hit way too hard!" 

"It's a pillow fight, Quartz! Duh! You have to hit hard!" 

"You still cheated!" 

"Did not!"

"Did too!" 

"Did not!" 



They spend a lot of their "play date" ignoring each other. 




Kathy's sister, Katrina, is also here. 

"I'm sorry, Quartz is doing his homework, he can't play right now," she half-lies. He is doing his homework, but only to ignore Kathy and Katrina. 

"Huh...too bad..." 




Dot won't let a play date go to waste! 

"Your house is small." 

"I guess it is." 

"Do you really all share a room?" 

Dot frowns, "No, I have my own room." 

"Oh. Neat..." 



"Hmmm not looking too stable. How about we add more snow?" 

Katrina dutifully applies compacted snow to the base of their snowman, "We should make a metal snowman! That way it would be strong! And it wouldn't melt!" 

"A good idea. Where should we get the metal?" 

"Hmmm.... you have a TV?" 

"Nope."

"Microwave?" 

"Nope." 

"Blender?" 

"Nope." 

"Forks?" 

"That we have. But if we use those, what will we eat with?" 

Katrina frowns. "Your house is lame." 

"That's not a nice thing to say." 

"....sorry." 


Pft. What does Katrina know?

"Weeee!" Dot lifts her baby brother high into the air. He kicks and screams in delight. 





They can make their own fun. 






While their moms talk, Quartz emerges and brags endlessly about his rockstar dad, super famous mom, and his awesomeness. Kathy is...not impressed.

"Who cares?" she whines, "Why don't we do something fun?" 

Quartz just "hmmmmphs" and stomps away. 



"Mom, our house doesn't...suck, does it?" Dot asks after the Coddle-Prudences go home. 

"What? No! It's small, yes, but... it's a wonderful house," Damaris assures her daughter, "Why are you asking such a thing?" 

Dot smiles, "No reason. It doesn't matter." 

Damaris frowns as Dot trots up the stairs to her bedroom.



She tries to get her kids to focus on something else. 

"Do you like finger-painting, Alo?" at this stage, Aloiso can't pronounce his own name and replies better to "Alo". "Do you want to paint?" 

"Paint!" 




They don't have anything for him to paint with, so Damaris tries to play make believe instead. 

Aloiso seems quite underwhelmed with her "werewolf" impersonation. 



Just after she's put Aloiso to bed, Damaris feels all too familiar twinges of pain. 

"Ah...ahhhhhh I need a cab. Ahhhhhhhhhh," she quietly panics to herself. She dials a sitter's number, not wanting to leave Dot by herself with two kids in the middle of the night. 



Hours later, Damaris comes out of the hospital with a healthy baby boy. 

"Let's go home, Pancho." 

Pancho can only offer his silence. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: As the title says... 

Winter is my least favourite sims 3 season, for practical reasons (laggy), and because it limits my sims' time outside. 

As you all can already (sort) of see, Aloiso is a Damaris clone except for his hair. I'm not sure if a sim passing away before the birth of their child means their genetics aren't passed down. 

Quartz has a little bit of  DeAndre's features, like his eye and mouth shape. 



2 comments:

  1. I think, as long as the ghost is in your town, your sim baby can still pull from their dead parent's genetic pool. I've had babies be born with their grandparent's hair color, for example, even after the grandparent turned ghosty. Unfortunately, face clones are common in my game, too. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, out of all of Damaris's kids, only two of them look anything like their dads. From what I've played, it doesn't get much better in the later generations either!

      Delete