Monday, December 16, 2019

2.11 New Development


Ume spends a lonely night at the beach. 

She invited a few of her classmates tonight to hang out and maybe light the bonfire. Everyone cancelled at the last minute, leaving her by herself. 

Just her luck that the water is also way too cold to swim in. She heads home, tired and disappointed. 



She glances back at Quartz's step-mother, Chase Bayless, fishing. 

At least someone is enjoying themselves here. Wrapping a towel around herself, Ume quickens her pace. She doesn't want to be outside too much longer. 



The gig at the warehouse nets the household enough money to expand Dot's living space. She gets a larger bedroom and a smaller nursery separate from the large one for her clients. 




Another new development. Their chat at the Warehouse went well, so Damaris has decided to try to take things slowly. 



Which is why when Santos asks if he can come inside, Damaris politely declines. 



Ok, maybe not so politely. 

"I'm an elderly grandma! What will my grandkids think?" 



 When Santos looks hurt, Damaris knows she's been too harsh.




"Maybe someday... when my family's met you." 

"I understand..." 



Santos is suddenly back in good humor again. "You see that shooting star?" he points behind her. 

She looks around, "I don't think so..." 

"Too bad, I already made a wish." 

"And what's that?" 

"A good night kiss..." 



The sky becomes rosy. Damaris pulls him towards her, "Wish granted." 





By the time Alistaire is leaving for work, Santos has long left. 




Dot gets up not long after, and sighs. 

Alistaire's been making an effort, and yet... 

She shakes her head. She shouldn't ask for too much. 



While feeding Kaira, Dot glances at the family portrait on the wall. 

She shivers when seeing that strange little girl sitting in front of Ume, posing with them all. She looks familiar... 

Dot shivers. She's reading too much into it. 



Still, she's feeling unsettled enough to head out. She goes to the library and runs into Notzo. 

She divulges her plans to start up her daycare again, "Once Kaira is in school I think I'll start accepting kids again." 



Notzo's daughter begins to cry, "Sure you can't open any earlier?" he jokes, bouncing his hungry child. 

They go their separate ways soon after, but Notzo promises to be the first to reserve when Dot starts working again. 




Later that night Tatum has her badging ceremony. Damaris is sure she's the most fabulous and proudest grandma in the assembly. 




"Look grandma, I got a camp fire badge!" Tatum is very proud of her badges. "I can show you how to light a fire..." 

"We can have a campfire and roast marshmallows!" Damaris is keen on this idea. 




But it will have to wait. Damaris has an engagement tonight. 

She stares bemused as Santos arrives late. 



"Well, looked at what the cat dragged in," Damaris remarks dryly. 



"You have an excuse for keeping a lady waiting?" she's been here for 30 minutes and is not amused. 



"I'm really sorry," Santos apologises, "I was held up at work... I quit." 

"Oh?" 



"Yeah. I was a bar tender at the warehouse, but I found something new." 

"Well, out with it. What are you doing now?" 

Santos smiles, "I'm working at Doopeas. I'm a journalist!" 



To celebrate, they tear up the dance floor! 



Or at least, try to. Damaris finds her joints not very cooperative this evening. 




But there are other ways to celebrate. 

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: I actually moved Santos into the household. He was a proprietor and assigning him a job and moving him in somewhere was difficult otherwise. His LTW is to be a level 10 journalist. He's already in his adult stage, so I'm not sure if I can get him there, but I'll try!

I don't remember all of his traits, I know he's;

-Computer whiz
-Social butterfly
-Flirty

But I can't remember the last two. I've been inviting Alistaire to spend the night with Dot, he comes most of the time. Tatum's nearly in her teen stage and Kaira should be aging up soon as well.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, Damaris has finally found love! At least for now... you never know with her. :P Though if you said he's in the household now, things must be pretty much settled.

    I hope things can work out between Dot and Alistaire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not going to pretend. Santos is here to stay!

      Me too!

      Delete