Wednesday, December 11, 2019

2.2 A Break


Damaris doesn't have to preform for tips anymore, she chooses to. No matter where she goes now, there are people who appreciate her songs. 




Which includes her son's girlfriend. Shanda has recently joined the Twinbrook Gators as their newest goal-keeper and can often be found either at the gym or on a jog. Damaris runs into her on her way home. 

"Oh, you must be Quartz's mom! Hi, I'm Shanda," she introduces herself. 

"Oh, Quartz sent me a photo of you two! Congratulations on the victory, I head we played valliantly against the Barracudas." Damaris is pretty sure there are no barracudas in Riverview, but if that's what they want to name their team... 




"Valliantly is a strong word... but we did well," Shanda tries to stay humble. 

"Are you going to play again anytime soon?" 

Shanda grins, "Yes, we're going to Sunset Valley for our next game. I'm so excited! I've never been there before." 

"Me either. I hope you have a good match!" 

The two part their ways. 



Dot smooths down her dress while she waits for Justin to find a table. She has to admit, she's a little bit nervous. She hasn't really been on a date before... 




But as soon as she sees him, she's able to hide any signs of unease. 

"Hey there," she kisses him in greeting. 

"There's a table inside," he replies with a smile. They walk into the restaurant, chatting while they wait to be seated. 



Meanwhile, Damaris is stopping at the Red Rendezvous for a break when... 




Marc Brandt hasn't been back in town again for very long. He bailed on his military posting, like he bailed on all of his jobs before, to be a tattoo artist in Bridgeport. When that inevitably bored him, he moved to Moonlight falls to work at an art gallery... and after a string of empty encounters and new cities, he came back to the town he lived in for the longest. 

In a way, he supposes it's appropriate that he'll "stay" here forever. 

Mark Stamp watches the reaper take Marc's soul uneasily. He's been feeling his age lately... 




Dot is completely unaware that anything is going on outside of Justin's room. 

"Is this your...first time?" Justin tries to ask delicately. She admitted to him in the restaurant that he was her first kiss. 

"Yes, it is... but don't worry, I feel ready." Dot bites her lip, then kisses him again. 




It's a little awkward, but when they're relaxing afterwards, Dot is smiling. 




"Do you live here alone?" Dot asks to break the silence. 

"Actually no, I have housemates, but they're not home today. I'm assuming you still live with your siblings?" 




"I do, except for one of my brothers. He moved out to be with his dad." 

"I see. How about you? Do you think you'll move out someday?" 

Dot shakes her head, "Even if my mom hadn't needed my help... I would've stayed anyways. I like being with my family." 

"I've noticed you don't like being by yourself..." 

Dot thinks about it, "I suppose that's true. I really like talking- if you haven't noticed. But it's not just that... people are interesting. I like hearing their different ideas and perspectives." 

Justin nods, "That's true, trying to understand someone else is a challenge...but it's very rewarding sometimes." 



"Would you say getting to know me was rewarding?" 

"Hmmm... I can't say yet. I don't think I've gotten to know you well enough..." his hand cups her face. 

She smiles, and leans in. 



Damaris is still running all over town when the sun dips in the sky. 




She was asked to cheer this lady up. 



Maybe a song isn't what she needs right now... 



Dot comes home before dinner. She finds herself thinking about her conversation with Justin. 

She wants to meet more sims. Maybe even travel. 



She finds herself practicing all sorts of scenarios in front of her mirror. 

"I would say good morning... but judging from your expression, I'll just say 'morning.'" Never know when you'll meet a grumpy sim! 

Dot's sure she's hilarious. 




Jeez, Damaris. Do you ever get a break?? 



She finds herself distracted by an unintentional audience member. 




"Hi, can I help you? Are you on my sing-o-gram list?" 



She's genuinely but pleasantly surprised when the athlete smiles at her and stares at her excitedly, "You're Pale Vamp, right? I'm sorry, but I'm such a big fan!" 

Damaris smiles, "Thanks! I love meeting my fans. You want me to sign something for you?" 



"Well, I don't have any paper..." 

Damaris smiles, "I have something I can sign... who am I signing it for?"

"Buck Green! I play for the Gators." 



She scribbles her practiced signature on the side of her last sing-o-gram bouquet. 

"You know...giving a man a bunch of roses... I might get the wrong idea," he boldly hits on Damaris. 




Damaris, no stranger to bold herself, kisses him. 

"No, I think you've got it right..." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: Marcy, really? Second sped up romance in a row? 

Yeeees it is! 

I hope you all know that I cringe at myself whenever I write pickup lines. You're not the only ones suffering. 

Title comes from the fact that it gets pretty busy in the next few chapters... 



2 comments:

  1. I wasn't expecting Damaris to get another romance now that gen 2 started, what a pleasant surprise!

    Justin and Dot seem good together, I hope things work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damaris rolled a wish early on to get married so I decided to try and fulfill that for her.

      We'll see!

      Delete