Thursday, July 30, 2020

3.1 Potion Progress



I finally got around to decorating and enclosing the stairwell that leads to Kaira and Tatum's bedrooms. It doesn't matter in a game like Sims 3, but at least now they don't have to walk up and down those stairs outside! 



So much for wanting to protect them from the elements. Tatum just sits outside in the pouring rain read a book without a care in the world! 



Tamera is now officially one of Dot's daycare charges. 



"So it's definitely not art related?" Kaira still hasn't guessed Tatum's form of income. 



"Not even a little." 



Kaira sighs, then decides to change the subject. "So...potion progress?" 

"I'm taking a break from it right now. Worked on it all day- damn!" Tatum's character crashes into a wall, "And I need to look at something besides chemicals and beakers." 


Kaira watches silently until Tatum's character takes too much damage and dies. Tatum leaves grudgingly to work on Lucky's potion. 

With nothing else to do, Kaira calls up Janel. 



"You. Me. Some other girls from school. Slumber party, tonight!" 

"Man, I'd love to, but it's, like, Tuesday. Can't we do this on Friday or something?" 

"And here I thought you were cool," Kaira sighs with disappointment. 

"Peer pressure? Cute. I still have to wake up early tomorrow. But the weekend? I'd be down." 

Kaira frowns once her friend hangs up the phone. Why is everyone but me so lame? 



Halfway across town...this is happening? 

That is Woodrow! He's now formally broken up with Ume and dating Alexandra Coddle-Prudence, Jenelle's older sister (I accidentally said she was younger a few chapters ago- oops). I took a picture because SP notifications told me that their parents hate each other, making them akin to Romeo and Julliette. However...Woodrow's parents are both very dead...so I'm not sure why they would hate Bunny and Parker? They were kids/teens for most of Amy and Wei's lives! 

Anyways. 



Back to things that make sense. Imaginary Friends. Right. 



"Can't you just... shapeshift into a human or something?" Kaira is impatient to have Lucky out of her life. 

"I don't have the right...." Lucky pauses, trying to remember the word, "Life force. I need medicine for that." 



"You're just making shit up," Kaira snorts. She knows, logically, that the potion Tatum is working on must have some purpose, but Kaira is not in a logical mood. 

"If only I were...it would be nice to leave the house." 

"Pft, whatever. I'm going to bed." 



The next morning, Dot's clients come pouring in. 



This is little Coral's first time meeting her aunt. She's a little shy. 





Tamera, who's been here several times now, is unphased. She only crinkles her nose at the fat raindrops that fall on her skin. Why can't mommy go faster?



Pancho puts Coral down reluctantly. He'd love to stay at home with her more...but he needs to work. He's just lucky his sister owns this daycare and can give him a discounted price. 


Ume parts with her own daughter in a similar fashion. The only difference is that she has a little more experience with it than her brother does. 

"I'll see you soon, ok?" Ume says soothingly. She pats Tamera's head. 



As always, Dot is happy to see her niece. 

"Are you going to give me more trouble today?" Dot asks with a raised eyebrow. Tamera has impressive speed and dexterity for her age. Dot found her just the day before trying to climb into the high chair herself, only narrowly avoiding falling because Santiago caught her. 

Tamera giggles devilishly. Dot can only shake her head. 



Coral is more subdued than her cousin, but she warms up quickly to her aunt. She smiles and laughs with joy when Dot feeds her. 
***





Both sisters work tirelessly to increase their logic skill. While Tatum has a massive headstart, Kaira figures she might be able to speed things up if she can understand some of that chemical gobbledeygook herself. 



"What's that dumb look on your face?" she spits caustically at Lu. 

"I've never felt the rain before..." 

Kaira grimaces, some regret surfacing. "It's just water." 

"I've never felt water before, either." 



Lu uncharacteristically gives Kaira some space the next few days. It's the first time that Tatum has really seen his doll form. 

"So, uh, not sure if you can understand me. But your potion is one tough nut to crack," Tatum only feels mildly ridiculous for talking to a doll, "But..." 


"I think I'm on to something..." 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: Lu/Lucky should be real in two chapters (hopefully). I don't mind revealing it because I've been wanting to finish this plot line for so long!  I had to make Tatum spend about a sim week doing nothing but levelling up her logic and discovering potions once she graduated from school. It was very tedious. It also kept her from doing literally anything else (like her job or seeing other sims). So thanks, past me, for letting Kaira have an IF.  













No comments:

Post a Comment