Thursday, July 30, 2020

3.0 Nothing Special



"Tell me, I'm dying to know. Conductor? Director? Teacher?" Kaira tries to guess what Tatum's mysterious new job is. 

Tatum smiles. "Nope." 



"Damn it, woman! Tell me what I want to know!" Kaira pouts. 

Tatum laughs. "It's not often I can hold something over you. Keep guessing." 

Kaira scowls at her older sister as she puts her plate away. "Fashion designer? It would explain your new look!" 

Tatum blushes. "No. I just wanted to try something...different." 

"It looks nice on you. Better than that hideous turtleneck-," 

Tatum squints in annoyance at Kaira before leaving through the front door. 

What could it be!? Kaira really has no idea. 



She won't find out today, either. It's Tatum's graduation! 

"We're all proud of you, honey," Santos says from the back of the car. 

Kaira suppresses an eye-roll. Big whoop, Tatum's finished high school. That's nothing special. She keeps her mouth shut, though. She's been on thin ice with Dot lately, what with the two fires she's started and the brawl she had at school before that. 

Too bad I'm not the one graduating! Kaira thinks with pained regret. 



"Shoot, we're almost late!" Dot says once they've parked the car, "We better run!" 

"Wait! I'm in heels!" Kaira calls out, trying to run quickly without tripping over her own feet. How is her mom so fast?!

Santos doesn't bother running. At his age, slipping and falling onto a hard, slippery sidewalk would probably require hospitalization. Nope, he'll get there when he gets there. 



The ceremony goes smoothly. Tatum emerges from town hall a few hours later with her diploma in hand. 

She's done. She's really done. 



Her mind drifts to the after-party. Everyone in their class was invited, but Tatum isn't sure if she'll go... she doesn't have a single friend in her graduating class. Lester didn't even show up for the ceremony and Elias...well. That's still the same. 

"What's the matter?" Kaira asks, noticing Tatum's distant expression. 

"Oh...just thinking about the graduation party tonight. I won't really know anyone there..." 

"Nonsense! It's not just your class going! Some other students are going too. And their families. Go! It's at the Warehouse," Kaira says this last piece of information with an air of great importance. Tatum imagines it's one of the few "cool" places in town for Kaira. 



Tatum's possible reply is cut off by the timely arrival of Jenelle and Elias. 



"Go. Away," Jenelle hisses at her ex-boyfriend. He's been trying to strike conversation with her every time they run into each other. It's just getting sad at this point. 

Kaira notices a flicker of indignation on Elias's face before he turns his sights to Tatum. "Heyyy there, long time no see!" 

Ugh, Kaira thinks with a grimace. He's so transparent



She watches with disdain as her sister eagerly engages Elias in conversation. 

"You've grown your hair out. I like it," Tatum says with a warm smile. 

"Yeah, I knew I looked lame bald..." 

"Oh, no, not at all! It's just that this style suits you!" 


When they start hugging, Kaira has to turn away. 



"Say, since I'm not going with anyone to the party, do you want to go...together?" Elias asks, running a hand down Tatum's arm. 

"That sounds great! Of course!" Tatum's cheeks burn with crimson. 

They stand close to each other for several moments, locking eyes. 



Impulsively, Tatum leans in. At the last second, Elias turns his face and she only grazes his cheek. 



"Haha...uh...that was....weird?" Elias laughs uncomfortably. He claps Tatum's shoulder. "You're funny!" 

Tatum pulls back with embarrassment. "I'm sorry, I thought... um, never mind. I hope I didn't make you feel uncomfortable-" 

"No! No, it's just uhhh....you're okay and all...but this is a bad time..." 

Tatum wishes she could melt into a puddle and disappear. "I understand, Elias. I guess I should go." 

"Yeah. Do that. See you later...?" he waves finger-guns at her. 

"Sure..." 



Though Tatum is sure that Elias hates her now and that she creeped him out, he still smiles happily at her when she finds him in front of the Warehouse. 

"About before-," Tatum begins to apologise. 

Elias cuts her off, "WELLLL! HOW ABOUT WE GO INSIDE! HAHA!" 

I guess it's too soon to talk about it... Tatum doesn't press the issue. 



Just as Kaira said, many people aside from the graduating class are at the party. Tatum smiles and waves at her mom and uncle before going inside. 





"So what's Tatum going to do for work, then?" Pancho shouts over the loud music of both the club and the arcade game. 



"What?!" 
Good times. 



Tatum is surprised when Elias suddenly gives her a lingering hug. She barely registers the eye roll Jenelle gives her from across the room. 



"What was that for?" she has to lean in close to speak without shouting. 

Suddenly shy, Elias looks away. "I'm sorry about before! I was just...nervous," he explains. 


He takes her hands in his. "I do like you! As in...like-like you," he laughs uneasily again. 

"Really? I...I had no idea!" Tatum yells, shocked. 

He nods, "It's true! So..." 



After several beats of unbearably uncomfortable silence, Tatum runs a hand through her hair. 

"Can I kiss you?" she asks. Elias gives a small smile and nods. 

Tatum leans in and pecks Elias on the lips. This time, he doesn't turn away. 



For a minute there, they both forget that they're surrounded by people. 



Suddenly feeling the eyes of several party-goers nearby, Tatum pulls back. 

"Was I bad? S-sorry," Elias shyly apologises. 

"No! Don't worry! It's just that it's so crowded here. I'm a bit self-conscious now," Tatum reassures him. 

At that, Elias looks around, seemingly for the first time. When he locks eyes with Jenelle, he suddenly blushes. 



"I...I gotta go. See you around, buddy," Elias says, lightly punching Tatum's arm before sprinting out of the club. 

Tatum watches him go, confusion painted all over her face. 

I guess that went...okay? 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AN: So. 

I wanted to set up Elias and Tatum when they were teens, but he started dating another sim. I was going to give up on the entire idea when they suddenly broke up. Elias reciprocated Tatum's flirting, but refused her kiss after graduation. During their date, everything seemed to be going well and he was receptive but then, just as shown, suddenly bolted and went home. I'm just as confused as Tatum! 



No comments:

Post a Comment