Friday, November 22, 2019

1.3 Fun Distractions



Damaris has a graphical glitch I can't get rid of. 

"A date?" she glances at Dot playing happily behind her, "...only if I can get a sitter." 

"We can split the bill..." 



Date: arranged. 



Damaris sighs. "I get decent tips, but the venues still won't let me perform." 

DeAndre nods sympathetically, "Yeah it's pretty rough for a newbie here. Everyone's known each other forever, makes it hard to break in." 

"How'd you manage?" 

He shrugs, "Lived here most of my life, though my parents are from Bridgeport. It's where I got my tattoo!" he shows it off to Damaris, "It was expensive, but I really liked the colours the artist chose. Pretty cool, huh?"




Damaris is suitably impressed with his tattoo, and his lack of sleeves. 



She decides to see if he has any more tattoos to show off. 



He doesn't, as it turns out, but Damaris is happy with the results of her search. 



"That was really fun," DeAndre grins, "Do you really have to go now?" 

"I should... I don't want to leave Dot too long by herself." 

"She's with a sitter..." 

Damaris smiles softly, "When you have kids of your own, you'll understand..." 




She tries to make up for her early departure. 




And goes home in high spirits. 





Or not... 



Dot is too young to understand what nausea is, or what it means, so when her mother runs to the bathroom to throw up she happily smashes her blocks against the pegbox obliviously. 




It's this moment that the repowoman strikes. Damaris hasn't paid her bills in too long. 




"Sorry, kid." 

She zaps Dot's pegbox away. Dot begins to cry, searching the empty floor with outstretched hands. 



Damaris's distractions aren't any fun. Dot just wants her pegbox. 




Looks like she's getting a sibling instead. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: A short chapter. Finding single guys in Twinbrook after Wei was...difficult. DeAndre started going steady with Chase Bayless pretty much right after his date with Damaris (like Wei with Dilly Pidgin!) 

2 comments:

  1. Oof, finding two partners for a sim is hard enough with SP on--I can't even imagine trying to find more than that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was a challenge... thankfully for me with SP lots of sims got out of relationships too!

      Delete