Thursday, November 21, 2019

1.2 Friendly Faces


Damaris's mood is...meh... when she decides to meet up with Wei. She's heard he's dating Dilly Pidgin now and isn't in the mood for games. 




When he shows up, she smiles and launches into her birth-announcement. She has this thing planned

"So Wei, I'm sure you suspect something is amiss." 

He raises his eyebrow, "I mean, you did call me and said to come 'right now!' and that it was deathly serious, so yes..." 

Damaris smiles, "It is quite serious. But also wonderful! You see, Wei, we have made something special-," 

He sighs, "Can you get to the point?" 

"-shhh let me finish! We have made something special- a baby!" 



"Oh...oh. Uh, congratulations," he replies weakly, "But-," 

"You're with Dilly Pidgin now. I know. I've heard things from people who actually bother to call." She squints at Wei accusingly. 



"We slept together one time, Damaris. That hardly constitutes a relationship." 

"I thought you'd at least have the decency to tell me I was just 'a thing' to you," she snaps back. 

"That is not how I see you! Besides, you never called me either!" 

He has a point there. Still, Damaris huffs. 

"Well now you never have to call me again!" 

And so she makes her dramatic exit. 



She goes to the park. She eyes the stage, knowing that simfests are held here. One day, she'll be up there. She knows it! But the first step is to be allowed on stage, so she introduces herself to the proprietor. 

"Ah, you're Pale Vamp?" 

"You know my stage name?" Damaris is surprised. 

Des Eyre, the proprietor, chuckles, "Not many singers in this town. Besides, DeAndre told me about you." 

"DeAndre Wolfe?" he's the lead guitarist of Twinbrooke's only rock band. A local star! "He knows me?" 

"Yeah, he mentioned 'some chick singing in the park' with a nice voice. I mean, the man's easily impressed but I did my research. You're not bad." 

"So I can preform here?" 

Des laughs, "Not a chance. Not now, anyways. You need a following, like DeAndre Wolfe." 





Damaris isn't sure how to build a following. That's why, when she's going to the grocery store and runs into DeAndre Wolfe, she makes a beeline for him. 

"You're DeAndre Wolfe!" she exclaims. DeAndre raises an eyebrow. Who else would he be? 

"Whoa there, who are you?" 




"Damaris. But people call me Pale Vamp, too. I'm a singer." 

DeAndre shakes her hand. "Ohhh yeah I've seen you before. You sing in the park, right? I like your songs. They're...cute." 

Damaris isn't even offended, "That means so much to me!" she gushes, "But Des told me I need a 'following'. You have one, and I have no idea what he means. Maybe you could help me?" 

"You're pretty bold. But I like that!" he flahses an easy-going smile, "Sure, we can meet up and talk some time." 

They exchange numbers and part ways. 




So I won't lie, I actually really wanted to pair Damaris up with Juan Darer first, since he never has any kids in my saves and passes away quickly. I have Damaris seize the opportunity the game has given us and chat with him.




Unfortunately, before I can have her get to know him she goes into labor. 

Juan stares at this strange woman who came up to him, stared at him, and then started groaning and clutching her belly. Still, he does nothing to help. Classic sims. 



She manages to get herself to the hospital without his help. She walks out early the next morning with a baby girl. 

She names her Dot. 



"How could you not call me when you went into labor?" Wei has been nagging Damaris since they climbed into the taxi to her place. She only phoned him after the fact. 

"I didn't want you to see me all...covered in fluids and screaming. It was disgusting," Damaris shudders. 



Wei makes a reply that he would've liked to be there anyways, but Damaris tunes him out. 

The entire process was incredibly painful and messy, but all she can do with Dot in her arms is smile. 

"Who's my little princess? You are," she coos at Dot. Dot reaches for her and smiles. 



She lets Wei have some time with Dot while she gets ready for bed. She has to admit that he's very sweet with their daughter together. 

"I can't believe it," he whispers to Dot, as if telling her a secret, "I'm really a dad." 

Wei eventually leaves, needing to be in work early the next morning, but he promises to have Dot over when she's old enough.




Damaris doesn't get much sleep before the sun rises and things need to be done. The sink is suddenly busted and her tip money is drying up. She'll have to fix this herself. 





She reluctantly tears herself away from Dot (and 75 simoleons for the sitter) to make some money. 






Lenny Smith-Jones claps, happy with her moving song Llama Brain. Unfortunately, she can't finish it with her tiny bladder. 




After a quick bathroom and dinner break, Damaris is back! 

Her only audience are a pregnant woman and a quite handsome man, but she notices the wedding rings on their fingers. 

It's probably too soon for romance anyways, she tells herself, even if there were someone out there for me. 




But having Dot is more than enough for her. As time passes, her only wish is that Dot could have some siblings to play with. 



And a family with enough money to leave her with a babysitter and not bring her around to her...strange...tipping locations. 



"And you-YOU- are special toooooo!~" Damaris points a finger wildly in the direction of her audience, singing her heart out to her most popular sing-o-gram song, "You Are Special". 



Damaris didn't want this to be a total letdown for baby Dot, and invited her various friends and aquaintances to the junkyard for a party. 



The "handsome man" from the night before, Goodwin Goode, immediately takes charge of babysitting Dot. He has his own child on the way and is only too happy to help out Damaris with hers. He can't wait until he can hold his own son or daughter like this. 




Dot ages up around friendly faces. 



But before long it's time to go home. 



"Good night, sweetie." 



"Mommy loves you." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: Perhaps too many photos. Oh well. 

I really like Dot. She's so cute! Though, other than her skin and hair, she looks exactly like Damaris. It gets even more apparent when she ages up. 


1 comment:

  1. Dot is seriously so cute! I love her! Also, lol at Juan--now I'm curious if he'll ever get the chance to have an heir of his own in your game before he's gone. :P

    ReplyDelete