Sunday, June 23, 2019

1.0: Damaris in Twinbrook

Boring excuses for my long absence: Hey everyone, long time no see! As usual, life got in the way, writers block, the whole shebang. Hopefully that'll all get better :P  I thought playing a more challenge and character-study kind of blog would help me get back into writing where there's less pressure to stage scenes and string a plot together. I've had a lot of fun playing this blog so far, I hope you guys have fun reading it!

Now for the actual content!


This is Damaris Sykes. I got her rolls from the very first RLC I ever attempted when the Sims 3 only had around half the expansions it finished with. I used no mods back then and tried to put my founder in Starlight Shores (which broke my game and forced me to stop playing that family). I have since changed computers and installed a bunch of NRaas mods to keep the game in one piece and so the townspeople actually do stuff like have kids and get jobs. I also don't play in Starlight Shores anymore because the routing issues crashed the game so much. 

This version of Damaris is starting off in Twinbrook. 



Like her previous incarnation, Damaris has these rolls: 

-Single
-5 kids (really rough for generation one, go me!) 
-Singer 

Unlike Damaris 1.0, I had to re-roll her misc. fun and generational goals because I couldn't remember them. This Damaris will strive for: 

-Expansionist: Build a new addition to the house (in generation one, this should be easy) 
-My precious: Make a collection of something in the house. I chose insects. 

Her traits are: 
-Dramatic
-Family oriented
-Natural Born preformer
-Social butterfly 
-Daredevil

Some challenge notes: given Damaris's family oriented nature, I decided I would keep romance with sims in relationships off limits. I also wanted her to have kids with 5 different guys becaussssse I want to see varied looks with the kiddos, so this will make finding partners for her pretty challenging since, with NRaas, sims get into relationships pretty fast. God speed, Damaris. 




Her house was a pre-built house but I tore it down and used the money to build her a cosy bachelorette pad.




Raising five kids in here will be a nightmare. 



I sent her to the library to sign up to become a singer (as you do), and some potential candidates for her first boyfriend appeared. 

Justin Keyes (single).



Lang Gwydd (single). 



Phoenix Coddle-Prudence (married and therefore not a contender) 




I was surprised she could preform for tips here, but the amount of people in the library actually made this spot pretty ideal for it. 






The animations for singers make them look like they're on a talk show. 




Wei Keane and Lang Wydd stop reading to watch this train wreck. 



"And the dude in the hat really sucks~" Damaris works in Lang Wydd's underappreciation of her singing into her song maturely. 

Wei Keane doesn't laugh, but he doesn't boo either. He's too busy trying to figure out where Damaris could be from. 



Lang misinterprets Wei's staring as sexual interest in this bellhop weirdo and stares in disbelief. Wei doesn't pick up on it. 



Soon the crowd is quite sizeable. Twinbrook has no other singers or newcomers. Damaris is quite the sight. 



One woman stoops over to throw some money into Damaris's tip jar. 




"Is this enough to make you stop, dear?" 



"Fuck you, blonde lady too~
Her first tipper purses her lips. It would look bad if she fished her money out, right? 



Damaris's spirits are too low to continue after so many insults to her singing. She wallows in self-pity for a few minutes, driving away her potential customers and friends. 



Except for Wei Keane. He wants to know where Damaris is from. 



"Lunar Lakes," she says. Wei nods, like a puzzle is coming together in his head. 

"Makes sense." 

Damaris expected this, but still sighs and pouts dramatically, "Because I look funny?" 



Wei tilts his head, "I mean, you look cute in the outfit." 

Her pout becomes a smile, "Really?" 

Wei smiles and nods, "Yes, really. Also, I should introduce myself. Wei. Wei Keane." 




Damaris not at all subtly suggests they continue their conversation "somewhere more private". Once they've been talking for a while in her room, she starts flirting. 



At first Wei seems receptive to her compliments... 



But when she tries to kiss him, he rejects her advances. 





So they stick to some more verbal flirting before... 



They share a tender kiss. 





Things...escalate... before Damaris succumbs to exhaustion and flops over, fast asleep. 



Wei then....goes outside... to browse the internet. 



By the time he comes back, Damaris's nap is over and she's eating salad on the only sittable surface in the house- the toilet. 

I buy her a table and chairs after this. 



There's no mirror, but Wei stares earnestly at the wall as he brushes his teeth. Once, twice, three times. 

Needless to say, Damaris has had an eventful first day. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes: 


2 comments:

  1. It's a new random legacy! Yay!

    I can understand your reasoning for this kind of blog. It's definitely a lot lower-stress. Still, a single with 5 kids roll is a lot, especially for generation 1.

    This is very entertaining so far, and I hope to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I trawled your profile after you mentioned your new legacy on my blog. I hope you don't mind! Did you post a link to it on MTS yet? If you did I totally missed it somehow, but if not, you should! I bet everyone there would love to read this. :)

    Anyway, great start! Looks like your roll has a lot of work cut out for you, lol. Maybe Damaris and Sunflower should get together and exchange survival tips.

    Damaris performing for tips at the library was hilarious. And I'm excited to see how her romances play out, since you gave her some rules to follow.

    ReplyDelete